Bain & Company asked senior executives from 308 large companies how they form teams for their most important initiatives. They found that the best companies are more than 25% more productive than the rest due to the way they deploy, team and lead scarce, difference-making talent. This is what their research shows:
- The best talent is significantly more productive than the rest;
- Teaming great talent together acts as a force multiplier; increasing productivity geometrically;
- Great leaders further magnify the productivity of extraordinary teams.
And these are the five actions they recommend to unleash this productive power in your organization:
- Track star talent;
- Assemble all-star teams;
- Target mission-critical initiatives;
- Remove obstacles to effective teaming;
- Manage team member egos.
Click to read the full Harvard Business Review article.